The Government of the Plurinational State of Bolivia, the Social Organizations of the Pact of Unity of Bolivia and the Central Obrera Boliviana (COB)
CALL SOCIAL ORGANIZATIONS, CIVIL SOCIETY, INTERESTED PERSONS AND GOVERNMENTS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD TO THE GREAT:
World Meeting of Peoples for Our Mother Earth and Against the Climate Crisis 2021
PLACE: Coliseo del Colegio Metodista Instituto Americano, La Paz-Bolivia
October 11 and 12, 2021
HEADING TO COP26!
THEMATIC AREAS OF DEBATE AND CONSTRUCTION
PERSONAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL PARTICIPATION !!
- Call and distribution of the discussion base document (as of September 27).
- Electronic registration of participants (as of September 27).
- Receipt of Contributions, Proposals and Contributions for the construction of the Final Document of each of the 5 Thematic Axes. (September 27 to October 8).
- Virtual meetings for each of the 5 Discussion Topics according to the program (October 4 to 8).
- Face-to-face meeting at the Coliseum of the Methodist College of La Paz, Bolivia. (October 11 and 12).
TOPIC 1. Structurally facing the climate crisis from the perspective of the peoples
- Live well in balance and harmony with Mother Earth as a structural alternative.
- Multiple crises of capitalism and its impact on life systems and the culture of life.
- Defense of Mother Earth through the non-commodification of nature and recognition of her rights
WEBINAR Monday, October 4 08:00 to 11:00
Coordination: Cintia Vargas, Head of the Mother Earth and Water Unit-UMTA, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
TOPIC 2. Urgent call from Mother Earth to combat the climate crisis
- Real reductions in carbon emissions now, within the framework of equity and common but differentiated responsibilities.
- Vision of climate justice, payment of historical climate debt and carbon budget.
- Financing and means of implementation to face the climate crisis.
WEBINAR Wednesday October 6 08:00 to 11:00
Coordination: Diego Pacheco (Head of Delegation of Bolivia to the UNFCCC)
TOPIC 3. Comprehensive actions to face the climate crisis and the defense of Life
- Strengthening the processes of adaptation to climate change from culture for life.
- Consistent and effective actions to remedy and compensate for damages and losses.
- Sustainable food and production systems as a priority to face climate vulnerability.
WEBINAR Thursday, October 7 08:00 to 11:00
Coordination: Sergio Arispe (Vicepresidency)
TOPIC 4. Defenders of the community of life against the climate crisis
- Approach, strategies and actions from a cosmobiocentric perspective of indigenous nations and peoples as an alternative to face the climate crisis.
- Contributions to the Platform of Local Communities and Indigenous Peoples.
- Young people against the climate crisis.
WEBINAR Tuesday, October 5 08:00 to 11:00
Coordination: Angelica Ponce, Executive Director APMT
TOPIC 5. Dialogue on the Nationally Determined Contribution (CND) of the Plurinational State of Bolivia
- Approach and actions to face the climate crisis from the sectors: energy, water, forests and agriculture.
- Effective implementation strategies against the climate crisis at the national level in favor of the most vulnerable groups.
WEBINAR Friday October 8 08:00 11:00
Coordinación: Juan Carlos Torrico, APMT
It is urgent to give rise to a new civilizational horizon based on the cosmo-biocentric vision of Living Well where human beings live in harmony with all the living beings of our Mother Earth!
… To face the Climate Crisis …
Your adhesion messages to the event:
la defensa por la vida tienen que ver con la crisis climática que pone en riesgo la propia existencia de la humanidad y de nuestra Madre Tierra.
Somos hijos e hijas de nuestra Madre Tierra y como tal tenemos que cuidarla y protegerla, respetando sus derechos y cumpliendo con nuestros deberes y obligaciones de proteger a la Madre Tierra como un ser vivo y sagrado.